Our favourite eateries in Raglan
We may be a little town but we’ve certainly got a lot to offer when it comes to good quality food, well we think so anyway. We thought we’d let you know of our favourite eateries in Raglan because well, who doesn’t love a good food recommendation!
- The Shack – our go-to cafe for consistently good coffee, food and service. Open for breaky and lunch!
- Rock-it is a wool-shed converted cafe/restaurant a little out-of-town but on the way to the beach! You can’t miss it, it still looks like the old wool shed, and has a deck out the back with a lawn that feels like you’re eating at your friends place. The food and coffee is great too (go for the Bao buns or the Kumara hash cakes!) and it’s open for dinner on the weekends. Make sure to bring the kids and the dog for Saturday brunch!
- Roll-up – A Tex-Mex haven down Volcom lane in town, this little Burrito bar is the perfect takeaway lunch option for hearty burrito’s and salad bowls! The foodie mother and daughter duo behind it have just opened Raglan’s first Vegetarian and Vegan cafe right next door! Clover is a soup and salad bar full of family recipes that will be sure to become a fast favourite. Make sure you head down and try their delicious salads! We have and we highly recommend!
- The Wharf Kitchen & Bar – A great spot down on the wharf perfect for a casual dinner or date night! It has a real “home for Sunday roast” kind of vibe. Make sure you try their dessert menu!
- Isobar – Our favourite burgers in town! Plenty of other tasty menu options too and friendly staff. They also have local beers on tap, so if you’re looking for a tasty craft beer, this is your place! They do live music every Thursday night too.
- ULO’s Kitchen – this place is hard to beat when it comes to sushi and Japanese eats! They’re open 2 days for lunch and 2 days for dinner so you might want to pencil this in the diary! They operate out of the Old School kitchen on Stuart street on Tuesdays and Wednesday for lunch and Thursday and Fridays for dinner. They have an extensive menu from dumplings to sushi to Japanese pancakes! Believe us when we say they’re worth a visit, your tastebuds will thank you for it!
- ‘Raglan Fish’ at the Wharf is where you’ll find your fresh fish to cook at the Bach, and you’ll want to try their Fish & Chips, not just because it’s the classic kiwi Sunday night tradition, but they’re also delicious.
- The Conscious Kitchen up at Solscape is the perfect spot to take visitors, or just to enjoy the beautiful view and yummy vegan pancakes! They serve breakfast and lunch from their plant-based kitchen, they’re currently closed for winter but will re-open in the summertime!
The Raglan Summer markets ‘Evening Eats’ will also be launching this Labour long weekend in Raglan, “A series of pop-up night markets at Wainui Landing featuring a variety of extremely good eats.” Make sure to check out their website here and follow their socials for updates! We can’t wait for this!
Our locally roasted coffee Raglan Roast is also a must try. Just be mindful if you don’t like your coffee strong, ask for a single shot as it’s a strong brew! They have a little hole in the wall down Volcom Lane, and a couple of Raglan Roast cafe’s around town. One of which is about to become a Taco joint… So keep your eyes peeled for its opening in the coming weeks – on the corner of Bow St and Wainui Rd. We’re pretty excited!
Indi’s organic locally roasted coffee is also a must try, but they don’t offer takeaway as they’re working towards becoming waste-free, so make sure to bring your keep cup if you’re not sitting in! Raglan Surf Co do a great frothie if you’re into the more familiar All Press.
And if it’s a picnic lunch you’re after at the beach, there are a couple of local grocer’s in town that support and supply locally grown & organic kai that are worth checking out. WOK and The Herbal Dispensary offer a variety of local produce, as well as fresh baked bread from Raglan’s Artisan Bakery (next to WOK) that we can’t get enough of!
We’re all about supporting local in Raglan, and we feel very lucky to have access to a variety of good quality eateries and produce. If this sounds like a bit of you and you’d like to join our friendly little town, get in touch for more info about our beautiful coastal sections for sale.